Be still my beating heart. This sandwich is unbelievably delish!! Jalapeno cheese poppers have to be in my top 5 favorite snacks. Combining that with the never boring grilled cheese and you have yourself a serious treat.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 35 Mins Yield: 2 Servings
- 4 Jalapenos sliced lengthwise seeds and membranes removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 slices bacon crispy cooked
- 2 slices Monterrey Jack
- 2 slices sharp cheddar
- 4 slices Italian bread
- Cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with approximately 1 ounce of cream cheese. Bake stuffed jalapenos on cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each bread slice. Each sandwich will have both kinds of cheese. Slice stuffed jalapenos into bite size pieces. Add jalapenos to one side of the bread and 2 slices of bacon to the other side. Add chopped cilantro to one side. Combine slices of bread to form sandwich.
- Grill each sandwich until lightly browned. Turn and cook until lightly browned on the other side. Cheese should be melted and gooey.